a. “Website” shall mean the website known as www.mygptouristguide.com
b. “User” shall mean the user of the Website either as Purchaser or Vendor.
c. “Account” means the account registered by the User upon providing all required information and approved by MYGP.
d. “Personal Data” shall mean any information about the User for payment details, name, NRIC, Address, contact No, email, next of kin information, or if the User is a Company, Company Name, Company Registration No, business address, email address, payment details, Directors personal information and any other information related to the User Company or its directors and shareholders).in MYGP possession or control that relates directly or indirectly to the User.
e. “Cookies” shall mean an alphanumeric identifier that MYGP transfer to your computer or mobile devise’s hard drive so that MYGP can recognize your web browser or mobile devise, track your visits to the Website or remember your username and/or password each time you log in.
3. Any User who entered into an agreement with MYGP shall subject to to the Terms of this Policy which shall form part of the Agreement between the User and MYGP.
7. In event you are not agreeable to the revised Privacy, you may notified MYGP of your disagreement whereby thereafter you may terminate your account with MYGP.
8. However in event you still continue to access to MYGP Website or to use any existing service provided by MYGP, your act shall constitute binding acceptance of the revised/updated policy.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
10. The types of personal data collected depend on the purpose of collection. MYGP may process your personal data by way of collecting, recording, holding, storing, using , disclosing and/or deleting it or any other method deem fit by MYGP.
11. Your personal data may be collected from you during your course of dealing with MYGP in anyway or manner including pursuant to any transactions and/or communications including without limitation, at any meetings, events, activities, contest, purchaser review or vendor review or customer satisfaction surveys organized and/or sponsored by MYGP, as well as from publicly available sources such as directories and MYGP social media pages, if you follow like or are a fan of such pages. Further information may also be collected when MYGP exchange communications with you, for example, if you submit a request, file a complain or contact MYGP support team.
12. In addition, MYGP may also receive, store and process your personal data which are provided or made available by Third Parties whom you have authorized, credit reference/reporting bodies, regulatory and law enforcement authorities, for reasons including delivery of MYGP service, performance of conditions of agreements and/or to comply with MYGP legal and regulatory obligations.
PURPOSE OF ACQUIRING AND PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
13. The personal data as provided/furnished by you to MYGP collected by MYGP from you or through such other sources as may be necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes at the time it was sought or collected, may be processed for the following purposes.
a) To register for an Account with MYGP.
b) To process, manage or verify your identify
c) To provide, maintain and improve the Website and/or Service to you.
d) To fulfill and validate your purchase/reservation/bookings
e) To process payment from you, including authorising and processing online banking, credit/debit card transactions and sending receipts to you.
f) To communicate with you and to maintain and improve customer relationship.
g) To personalize and improve your use experience on the Website or MYGP service.
h) To provide you with support and handle request and complaints;
i) To facilitate your participation in and MYGP administration of, any of MYGP activities including contest, promotions, campaigns, pools or surveys;
j) To conduct market research or surveys, internal marketing analysis, customer profiling activities, analysis of customer patterns and choices, usage and activity trends analysis in relation to the Website and/or Service and MYGP users’ demographics (on an anyonmised basis)
k) To protect and/or enforce MYGP legal rights and interest, including defending any claim;
l) To comply with MYGP legal and regulatory obligations under the applicable laws, legislation, regulations or court orders.
m) To comply with or as required by any request or direction of any governmental/law enforcement authorities, or responding to request for information from public agencies, ministries, statutory bodies or other similar authorities.
n) To detect, investigate, and prevent any fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities or misuse of the website and/or MYGP service by the User or other parties.
o) To transfer or assign MYGP right, interest and obligations under any agreements entered into with MYGP;
p) For internal administrative and updating purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, record keeping, contact lists, risk management, security, etc;
q) For MYGP storage, hosting back-up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your personal data, whether within or outside your country.
14. The above list shall not be exhaustive and shall be further add on in the future.
15. Upon you consented to use the Website, you shall deemed to have authorize MYGP for to processes your personal data as stated above.
a) To engage you to provide sell your products on the Website;
b) To process any payments related to your commercial transaction with MYGP or the Purchaser;
c) To communicate with you and to maintain and improve customer relationship;
d) To provide you with support and handle request and complains;
e) To conduct credit reference checks and establish your credit worthiness;
f) To carry out due diligence or other monitoring or screening activities (including background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place by us;
g) To send you seasonal greetings messages, gifts, newsletters from time to time;
h) To protect and/or enforce MYGP legal rights and interest, including defending any claim;
i) To comply with MYGP legal and regulatory obligations under the applicable laws, legislation, regulations or court orders;
j) To comply with or as required by any request or direction of any governmental/law enforcement authorities, or responding to request for information from public agencies, ministries, statutory bodies or other similar authorities;
k) To detect, investigate and prevent any fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities or omission or misconduct;
l) To transfer or assign MYGP rights, interest and obligations under any agreements entered into with MYGP;
m) For internal administrative and updating purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, record keeping, contact lists, risk management, security etc;
n) For MYGP storage, hosting back-up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your personal data, whether within or outside your country;
MARKETING AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES
16. MYGP shall use and process your personal data for the following marketing and promotional purposes;
a) To send you information, alerts, newsletters, updates, promotional materials, special priveleges announcements on products, services, upcoming contest, events, activities, promotions, campaigns, polls or surveys offered/organised by MYGP and/or MYGP selected Third Parties (busincess/marketing partners, sponsosrs, advertisers) which may be of interest to you.
b) To send you seasonal/festive grettings or messages;
c) To notify and invite you to events or activities organized by MYGP and/or selected Third Parties (buisness/marketing partners, sponsors, advertisers) which may be of interest to you;
d) To process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activitiy and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
e) To share your personal data within MYGP and MYGP selected Third Parties (business/marketing partners, sponsors, advertisers) who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions from time to time by SMS, phone call, email, fax, mail social media and/or any other appropriate communications channels.
f) You have the right to any time to request MYGP to stop sending you any marketing and promotional materials or contacting you for Marketing and Promotional Purposes. You may also click on the “unsubscribe link embedded in the relevant marketing and promotional email in order not to receive any marketing and promotional email in the future. If you unsubscribe, MYGP may still send you non-marketing and promotinal communications, such as those about your Account, about the Website and/or Service or our ongoing business relations.
17. Your user profile information such as your username will be used to identify you when you use the Website and/or Service. Your username may be displayed to other user when you submit your rating and/or review. MYGP will not directly disclose or share your user email address and other information without your consent.
18. MYGP may also use, process and share non-personally identifiable, aggregated, statistical and/or anonymous data with third parties for data analytic and to analyse and developer our marketing strategy and further improve and enhance the Website and/or Service.
20. The above list is not exhausive and in event there are any other purpose other than stated above for the use of data, you are agreeable to our usage without further reference to you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
22. MYGP will not sell, rent,transfer or disclose your personal data to any third party without your consent. However, MYGP may disclose some of your personal data to the following third parties for one of more of the above Purposes:-
a) MYGP subsidiaries, related and/or associated companies;
b) Your immediate family members and/or emergency contact person as may be notified to MYGP from time to time;
c) Your successor in title in event of any happening to you;
d) For any offer that you reserve on the Website as if you reserved an Activity directly with MYGP;
e) MYGP selected third Parties (business/marketing partners, sponsors, advertisers) who offer promotions or organise contest, event, activities or campaigns;
f) Any person under a duty of confidentiality to which has undertaken to keep your personal data confidential which MYGP have engaged to maintain the Website and/or the Server.
g) Insurance Companies for the purpose of applying and obtaining insurance policy(ies) if necessary;
h) Financial institutions for the applying and obtaining credit facility(ies) if necessary;
i) Banks and financial institutions, merchants and credit/debit card companies in connection with your commercial transaction with us;
j) The general public when you become a winner in a contest, participate in MYGP events or activities, submit your rating and/or review or other features of the Website and/or Service that are viewable by general public without compensation for advertising and publicity purposes;
k) Any third party (and its advisers/representatives) inconnection with any proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, consolidation, acquisition, joitn venture, assignment, transfer, funding exercise or asset/ashare sale relating to all or any portion of MYGP business or in the unlikely of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership;
l) Any other person reasonably requiring the same in order for us to operate and maintain MYGP business or carry out the activities set out in the Purposes or as instructed/authorised by you.
ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
23. MYGP take it that all personal data provided by you is accurate and complete, and that none of it is misleading or out of date. You will promptly update MYGP in the event of any change to your personal data. Please note that your failure to maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date personal data (including having an invalid or expired payment method) may result in your inability to access and use the Website and/or Service.
24. MYGP reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account in the Website and/or Service in event it is discover in event it is discover that the personal data provided is in accurate.
25. You have the right to request for access to, request a for a copy of, request to update or correct, your personal data held by MYGP. MYGP may charge admin fee or any amount that is allowable by the Laws of Malaysia to cover the administration cost involved in processing your request to access your personal data. Notwithstanding the foregoing, MYGP reserve their rights to rely on any statutory exemptions and/or exceptions to collect, use and disclose your personal data.
26. In addition, you have the right by notice in writing to inform MYGP on your withdrawal (in full or in part) of your consent given previously to MYGP subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable duration of time for the withdrawal of consent to be effected. However your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences arising from such withdrawal. In your personal data, it may mean that MYGP will not be able to continue with your existing relationship with MYGP whereby MYGP shall suspend or terminate your account.
27. You may correct, update or delete your personal data at any time by editing your profile on the “Account Settings” page on the Website. However please note that your personal data may be retained on MYGP back-up systems for some time. In addition, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions as MYGP keep track of these records.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
28. Any of your personal data provided to MYGP is retained for as long as the purposes for which the personal data was collected continues; your personal data is then destroyed or anonymize from MYGP records and back-up systems in accordance with MYGP retention policy in the event your personal data is no longer required for the said purposes unless as further retention is required to satisfy a longer retention period to meet MYGP operational, legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
29. MYGP shall do MYGP best endeavour, where commercially practicable, to implement appropriate technical, physical, electronic and procedural security measures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations and industry standard to safeguard against and prevent the unauthorized or unlawful processing your personal data, and the destruction of or accidental loss, damage to, alteration of, unauthorized disclosure of or access to your personal data.
31. All of MYGP employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of your personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
32. It is however understand that MYGP are not in control of the act of their employee, data processors and any Third Parties appointed by MYGP to handle your personal information.
33. In event of any unauthorize disclosure of your personal data by the employee, data processors and any Third Parties appointed by MYGP, MYGP shall not be responsible for such disclosure. However MYGP shall provide all information of the employee, data processors and Third Parties to you and to relevant authority and to fully corporate with relevant authorities for the purpose of investigation and any other action by relevant authorities by you or the government authorities.
34. Further no data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, therefore MYGP shall not be responsible for any unauthorised access, unlawful interceptions or loss of personal data transmitted to or from MYGP or any server under the care of MYGP, and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such personal data.
PERSONAL DATA ON BEHALF
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF YOUR COUNTRY
INTERNET AND MOBILE APPLICATION USE
38. You acknowledge that the provision of your personal data to MYGP over the internet is entirely at your own risk.
39. You further acknowledge that if you post your rating and/or review on the Website, your rating and/or review will become a public information and will be retained by MYGP even after your account has been terminated. Your email address and phone number shall be visible to others through any rating and/or review that you post.
43. In addition to using cookies and related technologies as described above, MYGP may also permit certain third party companies to help MYGP tailor advertising that MYGP think may be of interest to users and use other data about user activities on MYGP Platform, Website and/or Service (e.g to allow them to tailor ads on third party services). These companies may deliver ads that might also place cookies and otherwise track user behaviour.
46. MYGP may automatically receive, record and store location services information from your computer or mobile devise when you interact with MYGP. You hereby consent to our use of anonymised location services information collected from you. Where the location services information is personally identifiable, MYGP will give you the options to manage your disclosure of this information. Depending the functionalities available on your computer or mobile device. You may benefit from advance options to manage the location services information. A computer or mobiles devise may report its GPS location at the time you interact with MYGP if the location services settings are enabled. Such information is not identified as personal data, except where MYGP are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
48. In event of discrepancy with the Main agreement between you and MYGP, the main agreement shall prevail.
LAWS OF MALAYSIA